Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lake Mead

We recently went with some friends to Lake Mead for the first time. The first time! In all my days of visiting here and living here, I have never set eyes on the place. We weren't sure about the kids... I knew they would have a good time but I also worried they would be bored after a while. Who was I kidding? We all had so much fun and the kids just LOVED it. Which, as a result, made Scott and I enjoy it even more. We've been doing more with them lately and it's really fun to enter this phase in life where we aren't hauling diaper bags and sippy cups everywhere. They are like three mini pals to hang out with and taking in the world is fun to experience with them.
Riding in the boat (for their first time) was great. Elliet sat on the nose in the front with her face in the wind shouting songs, Sadie just looked around and giggled and Luke, my little thinker, kept expressing worry that we were going too far and we would get lost. He needed the plan! And when we stopped for the first swim (the water was a perfect 85 degrees) they were all a little cautious about this bottomless dark abyss.
After small steps of the new experience, we threw them on the tube and pulled them behind the boat until they rolled off like peas from a plate. I have to say that the laughing I heard while riding with them was one of the best parts of that day. I love them so much. They are hilarious.
This is what families are for.... having fun together! (Yes, a little 'Ladies Home Journal' but let me have cheese every once in a while)
Way fun. We plan to go back soon.





No comments: