Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This Is For Real Serious























So.... right now my kids are in this really funny stage where they are very convicted and serious when they tell me stories about where the ant crawled on the tree or if the princess dress is blue or really blueish-greenish. It's all very serious business. I love it. I love having such intense discussions and have wished there was a way to capture it for them to see one day. Well, I don't think it is easy. A video camera can capture some great things, but catching them candidly is an art in itself. Because when kids see a camera, they don't act like themselves.
But I tried nonetheless. I set up our camera last week and did little interviews. I told them to select three favorite toys that they could discuss during their interview and I asked them a bunch of questions. Some normal ones like current interests and then other silly ones to try and capture some of that goofy behavior. Thought I'd share this in case the idea interested anyone. And if you don't have any kids, film your spouse. I bet you'd get an interesting answer when you ask them how big the clouds are, too. (Asking them to sing a song is also a good one for laughs)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I want to see the videos you made! Post them!

Jeannine said...

Sadies face, is priceless. I wanna see the video too!