Friday, September 18, 2009

Adventure Badge

The Scout bug has bitten my family and all the men have been collecting them. Not little boys sold on ebay, but old 4x4's from the 60's-70's. Poor Marty is still trying to find his very specific preference so he decided to sell his first one....to us. Apparently Scott loved Marty's first International Scout II. So while in Utah over Labor Day (to pick it up), we went on a "Patch Scout Adventure" (so coined by my Dad) while all the scouts were still in one location. We took a long, bumpy dirt road through the back of the mountains. The only person missing was Jess :(.
We grabbed some sandwiches before heading up the mountain and when I turned around to ask the kids if they were ready, Elliet did this:

Here is the fam parked as we get ready to eat lunch. The weather could not have been better for us that day. Nice cloud cover and perfect cool temps.


We stopped for lunch early in the ride. The veiws throughout the day were really beautiful.

Mom & Marty. I like how Marty looks like he's posing for some Land's End jacket advertisement.
And the trees are starting to change colors!


We stopped and took some family pics (but none with my camera) and this was one of them. I like Luke's arm laying in Elliet's lap as an acceptable form of "scoot close together".

The kids kept wanting to hike around. Here is Luke, tired of waiting, after telling me that he was going to go on a hike and headed off into the road.

A little scout-swappin'. The kids all rode with Papa & Nana for a while. Scott and I enjoyed some solo time which was nice. Sadie's little head looked so cute from behind with her little blond pigtails bouncing up and down.

And the final view before descending out of the mountains.

As always, so fun to be with my family. We had a great time and enjoyed each other muchos. The kids loved it and are chomping at the bit to do some exploring in the scout around here. Great idea, Dad!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Marty's pose is killing me! I'm sad I couldn't be there. It looks like my kind of ride!

Also, you are amazing with the canning. We have fruit trees in the new house and the owner keeps telling me about all the canning you can do with the fruit. Every time she starts talking about it, my heart starts to race with fear!