Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Fading

I am behind on the events of the past two weeks so I'll try to catch up in the next couple of days...

The last week of summer was probably supposed to be more full of preparation than I put into it. I was a little conflicted this year about school beginning again. I love the routine and it was time to get back into the swing of things, but it's also been such a great summer and I am a little hesitant to let it go. As a result, I spent the first week school (i.e. my open time with kids gone all day) catching up on what I put off. More on this to come, though....
Quick posts of a beautiful summer evening storm that blew through here last weekend. It was SO sosososo pretty. Calm temps and a gorgeous sky. I took the kids for a walk to the neighbors house and we decided to stop at the park on the way home where it rained on us a bit. It smelled great and the sky yielded some rainbows.


















Also, wanted to share a lazy treat if you're up for something fattening (aren't we all?). Was grocery shopping in the frozen aisle, saw the box of frozen puff pastry dough and remembered I had a jar of lemon curd from Trader Joe's sitting in my cupboard. See? Easy. Let it thaw, rolled it out, cut into squares, filled with lemon curd, ricotta and some fresh grated nutmeg (um... that was because I don't know what I was doing and it sounded fancy). Folded corners together, pressed closed, brushed with butter and cinnamon sugar and baked. They were geeeoood. Scott gave his official lemony seal of approval. Great desserts. And maybe for breakfast. Ok, and lunch, too. Whatever, just go make some.

No comments: