Monday, August 3, 2009

Last Week

During the last week of July, the kids attended Art Camp. Our friends do a great job teaching this course and the kids absolutely love it. Every day they learn about famous artists and do similarly styled projects. They painted bottles, made clay self portraits, Fimo animals and bugs, papier mache birds and wall art. At the end of the week, us parents join them for a little presentation of their work and the artists they learned about and then we load up their work and bring it home.
You know your kids had a good time when you find paint all over their arms and face every day.

























Later in the week we decided last minute to head to Brianhead (it is so freaking HOT here right now) with our Tingey friends. I know, we spend a good amount of time together. You know why? Cuz they will participate in crazy, last minute frivolity. :) We all drove up Friday night and hung out Saturday in the beautiful mountains. The kids ran around the neighboring cabins looking for "chickmunks" and squirrels. The guys went for a bike ride and then Erica and I went Mt. Biking and did the Bunker trail.
Friends... Romans.... this is the third time in my life I have ever gone mountian biking. You know that part in a war movie with the commander shouts "CHARGE!" and everyone just howls and runs, armed and ready to kill? I have learned that this is what you must do when descending extremely technical, rocky, rooty, bumpy trails. You don't think. You just GO and bounce around like a crazy person with a prayer in your heart that you won't get punctured by a branch. It is also freaking awesome. The views were beauiful, elbows among the aspen, weaving through narrow single track, bolting over muddy streams and eating more bugs (I tongued a few flies). I have lived to tell the tale! I think me needs to get a Mt. Bike. And Erica, big thanks for taking me. Woot woot!

1 comment:

Erica said...

To all other readers:
For the record, Andrea ROCKS at mountain biking!!! Seriously. She had no fear, was mighty fast and loved it the whole time (as far as I could tell:). I have some great photos to share of her in motion and smiling huge.
Thank you Andrea for coming with me, we will have to go many many more times!