Monday, August 3, 2009

Elliet is SEVEN

After being in Utah for that week, we returned home and had a quiet celebration for Elliet's seventh Birthday. SEVEN. I can't believe she is getting that big. It's so fun to watch her grow up and I am very aware of how slowly she is changing from a kid to a young girl. Meaning, she still loves her kitty, stuffed animals, horses and rainbows... but I also see her noticing fashion, reading more books and making better jokes. She's already trying to pour the big gallon of milk by herself (I'm just not sure I'm ready to let go of that yet... these things take time).
I was too tired the eve of her Bday to do the traditional kitchen decor and early Sunday morning I heard her sneak downstairs to check for it (drat!). When she returned to her room I put on my cat costume and quickly, stealthily, snuck downstairs put up the streamers, lights and cued the Beatles Birthday song. I think that made the surprise much better anyway (whew!). And...commence! We danced like goofballs. Our friends John & Erica came over for dinner and brought their famous red velvet cupcakes- hooray! They were great to provide the official bday cake of the day and celebrate with us (love to the Tingles).
The next day we had a family party and a house full of cousins. I saw this cake pan on my friends blog and wanted to try it with ice cream in side. A big Ice Cream Oreo Cake- Happy Birthday to ME (Um... I mean, my daughter). Well...I followed the recipe on the box and this is what it came out like. Oh, what's that? You don't recognize it? That's because I had to pull off chunks of it from the pan and serve the wads with a scoop of vanilla bean. Fancy! Impressive! Ha- it tastes the same. We all stuffed our faces and had a good time with the fams.
Happy Birthday, Elliet. My sweet, fun, creative and wise little girl.








3 comments:

Erica said...

Thanks for letting us crash the family party, we will take any excuse to make Red Velvet Cupcakes!
We love you too!

JENNIE! said...

so cute! You shouldn't have bought that cake pan, I totally would have let you borrow mine. I think next time I will try a brownie mix, way easier. luckily mine didn't stick though, but I was putting butter in all of the crevices for WAY too long. your are an awesome mom, where is the picture of you in the cat costume???

Jeannine said...

I've been so wrapped up in my crazy life I forgot about one of my favorite girls birthday. What a fun tradition with the beatles song. Wish her a happy one for me