Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Randomness

Alright, peeps. Who has done the Ragnar Relay?
Scott's partner and our good friend, Mike, did the race for the second time this year. I offered to help him do his Team T's and think they turned out quite alright, no? (I am not showing you the shirts that the machine chewed up a little bit in order to gloat)
But during the whole process I actually considered doing it next year and think it would be kind of fun. I mean, running a 200+ mile relay with three random run times (day or night) sounds like it might be a crazy good time. It must be the bobbin thread talking because I don't enjoy running (trail, yes... road, yawn). Anyone else up for it? We could start to plan the outfits now and really make a bang because I won't be making any impression with my 10 minute miles.
Anyway, glad the shirts turned out well enough as it's still a small step in learning how to use this machine o'mine.
I was shoe shopping with Elliet recently and while we were looking, she saw this bad rainbow tye-dyed Tshirt with an iron-on unicorn on it. It was nasty, people. And guess what! She wanted it. Yikes. It was so bad and it was, like, $35! Are you kidding me? I could not by it, even if they paid me to take it. But boy oh boy, how the temptation grows when your childs big eyes implore you for something they deeply desire. So, as brilliant as I am, I suggested we go home and she draw a horse (can you hear the shovel hit the dirt?) and then I'll scan it in my computer and digitize it (deeper shoveling sounds now) and then have my machine sew it on a shirt for her (deep grave now). Oh boy! She is happy now, tragedy averted and I am walking behind her with a fake smile on my face trying to think of how to actually uphold my promise.
I will keep you posted on this one.
Pray for me.

3 comments:

oh snap said...

Hmm... Andrea can make me any shirt I want....

Jewels said...

Whoa, I will be praying for you - it sounds simple enough, which probably means it's going to be a beast to complete. Couldn't you just scan her picture and print it on iron-on paper? Hmmm...lets see if I could be any lazier...

Tayva said...

Hello! I would like to order a T-shirt. I think I have some art somewhere. . .! Love you, Mommy