Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer

I am grateful for friends who think of things to do during the summer. I have not been the initiator when it comes to getting the kids occupied with friends so any new idea is welcome to my lazy plans.
Before we left for our vacation for July 4th, we were invited to join a group at a jumpy house near downtown. It was air conditioned and full of large, soft shapes for my kids to go nuts on. Perfect.
I wish I had some better pictures of the kids. They really are crazy on these things .There are signs around that say you have to put your feet first but I didn't notice those until we almost left. I was too busy watching Luke's creativity as he would stand at the top and survey the descent, contemplate a position and then quickly turn backwards and fly down on his back headfirst. Thats my boy. The one that will be a few fries short of a happy meal later in life....
"Mom, why can't I do simple mathematics or eat with a spoon?"
"Well, son... it was the bouncy slides. I watched you the whole time and never stopped you. I am so sorry. But your foamy helmet is cool and the kids don't make fun of you too badly, right?"
Anyway, good times. Their smiles are addictive. Look at Elliet mooning the whole world with her dress flying up. So funny. They need to have these for adults. Do they? Like, waaay bigger slides and mazes. And we could sign an agreement that we wouldn't tell anyone we are acting so young so we don't have to be ashamed of acting so juvenile. Even wear super hero masks to protect identity! Dude, you know I am on to something....(just no dresses)

And seriously, this is SO not blog worthy but the fact that it is too common in my household has made it so.
I love my husband. He is a very capable person. He knows where I keep the tupperware. He knows where I keep the plastic wrap. He even knows where the trash is. So, when he puts the pasta away the other night... this is what he did. He just stuck that open bowl right in the refrigerator. Does any one else encounter this lapse of judgement in their household? I mean, who would eat that the next day? Because you know what happens... the noodles on the top get dry and hard and form this volcanic crusty 'lid' over the contents. It's uber nasty. It just prolongs the inevitable: throwing the leftovers away. Only now my fridge smells like them. Nice.
Big kiss, pumpkin. Love you!

3 comments:

Tayva said...

Ah! Brian and Scott have complete the circle between them! Can't live with 'em; can't shoot 'em!!! [XO to all the men readers out there] Love, Mommy

Jewels said...

Eeeee, that bowl looks like bad news. I'm sure it was delicious at one point. Cody has his own little random habits that I come across and think, "Really, dude....really". Now I know why Mom would usually clean the entire house when Dad (and sometimes us kids) were gone - if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

anna said...

um, my husband would likely do the same thing and HE WOULD actually eat it tne next day. yuck.

oooh, add some water to that slide and NOW you're talkin sister! i love the idea of adults in a jumping castle. i'm always tempted to join my kids inside claiming they NEED ME.