Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back to Utar

Yes, we were gone another weekend, right on the heels of the 4th. Scott wanted to ride the Sundance Hill Climb with Rich and Shep yesterday so we decided to return to the valley of Zion yet again. I left on Thursday and drove up with the kids and was able to spend some time with my Mom that afternoon and great sis-in-law Jess hung out with us that night. My sister called a friend to babysit on Friday so we took advantage and did our annual Halloween shopping trip. People, this is a big day for us Patch girls. Halloween is a revered holiday and is not to be taken lightly. It may seem early to some, but it is quite necessary to begin season shopping in it's prime... July! Shelves are newly stocked with the first of the goods so it's essential to attack now for the best selection. And attack we did. We went right to Gardner Village and spent a good amount of time stocking up there. When I was with my Mom the day before, we hit the Gate House in Orem and SCORED on some awesome stuff so I had to watch my indulgence on Friday. My garage can only store so much, see... but the temptation is ever so great. After ooing and ahing over it all, we ate at the cafe/bakery eating yummy fresh wheat bread sandwhiches (ooh healthy!) and then capping it off with donuts, cookies and milk (Oooh not!). Then we went to Tai Pan where I picked up some random, semi insignificant yet useful things. Which brings me to a word that I think of every time I unload from trips like this. When I carry all these goods into my house and put them away (or shove them where they will fit), I contemplate the process of "Absorption". Say it with me, now. Because it really is quite an interesting thing. Here, you have a loot, next, you don't. It's sucked into the cabinets and shelves like it never was. Only my statement knows the truth and does not let me forget so easily. Ah well. Happy Halloween anyway. Uh... where was I? Oh yeah... so shopping and then we hung out that night. Scott flew in and came home with Rich, bike in truck ready for the race manyana. I found a babysitter so I decided to do the race with them. Saturday morning we loaded up and drove to Sundance to do the climb. The weather was uber fantastic. It's the first official event I have done (well, I did a leg of Lotoja but never crossed a finish line) and it was fun to just see what it was like. I had the longest time announced among all the others that placed in their categories. But hey, at least I got a medal.... 1st place!.... in women's citizen... which included me and one other girl.... who was 13 years older than me.... so I'm not really fast at all. :-)
After doing family fun all afternoon we went to the Brick Oven for a yummy dinner, put the kids to bed and went to see Batman. It was a great trip and always so fun to be with my family. They are my best friends.
And finally, after unpacking tonight it was time to get my kids in the bath. I haven't used bubble bath in a loooong time and Elliet developed a method to get sudsy beards. It was hysterical to hear them laugh at each other so I had to include it.





4 comments:

Sara said...

HEY you got a metal! AND had fun! That's all that counts right?

Tayva said...

It was so great to have you here. It's quiet now, but I miss all of you!! Hugs and kisses, Mommy

Jewels said...

That picture of Luke might be my favorite ever. How cute is he?? You weren't here long enough. Come back.

Skeeter said...

AMEN to HALLOWEEN!!!! Start now... congrats on the metal, Check you out! I love the bubble bath photos... so much fun!