Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Elliet!

Elliet turned six on Saturday. Six! She is getting so old. I should be looking for gray hairs (okay, on me, not her). She is growing up to be quite an interesting and artistic girl. Her imagination is always going and her questions are getting interesting and fun. I love spending time with her and watching her grow. It is special to see her becoming a young girl but sad to see the little girl fade away. She already has her first loose tooth! What next? Teaching her to drive? Wedding colors? Wow. I know, so deep and cheesy when she is only turning six but she's my oldest so you'll have to deal. :-)





We had some fun filled days last week. My friend had a really cool Art Camp that was going on all last week in the morning so I signed up the three kids for that. They made some really cool stuff and learned about all kinds of artists and their techniques. I personally think that she should do the same art camp for adults. I would go and wear my oversized white T any day to make some Mondrian. The kids came home with sculptures and paintings so I'll try to get some photos up once they are returned from the MOMA (Museum of Mysterious Art).





We also swam a lot last week with friends. Summer is all about those hot afternoons in the pool and it's so great. Complete with snow cones, as you well know. Could there be a more perfect treat when it's so hot outside? If I ever have to be stuck in some hot desert starving and dehydrated, this will be my mirage... a sea of snow cones... just waiting.... and maybe a cheeseburger with it. It's even time for me to order some more flavors. Requests anyone?
We tried to have a fun family Birthday party for Elliet and Friday night ended up being the best time to do it so we had everyone over for a BBQ, cake and swimming with cousins. It was a beautiful night and great to see everyone.
Saturday was her actual Birthday so we went to pick out her present: A bike! Her first one ever and she was very excited. What color do you think it is? Do they make girls bikes any other color? Well.... I guess, don't get me started. I think you could make some really cool kids bikes that aren't so bulky and dripping with branding but no one else really cares so why should I? It's a ghastly pink Barbie bike with fringe and a pouch and attachable vanity so you can put on lip gloss while you ride (not really). She was very excited to get it. Problem is, we didn't ride it much on Saturday and couldn't on Sunday and Monday morning we left early and headed for the beach (more on that). So it's waiting anxiously to be used when we return tomorrow. Pretty pink, blurry pics to come! Thank you Mimi/Bobba and cousins for Elliet's fun presents. She loves them (especially the realistic "neighing" horse that she activates every 20 seconds. It's awesome).


PS- Must say, I reluctantly saw Mama Mia this last week.... It did not look good even from the previews but I wanted to join some girl friends and go, so go we did and guess what? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Did anyone else experience this? Plus- didn't know Colin Firth was in it so that immediately helped. The footage was beautiful and some of the men's fashion was great! Chuck Taylors with bare feet? Fitted swimming suits? Scott may not like my new influence but he'll look summer smart! Plus that shot at the end when they are all standing on the dock in the stars was incredible. Time to travel to Greece!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Happy Birthday, Elliet! Man, 6? What happened? Her face with her new horse is my favorite. Got to love those noisy toys. Can't WAIT to see the bike. And I know you use it's flexi-mirror to apply your lip gloss...

Jessica said...

Wow I can't believe she is six! Fun stuff- I think I had a pink barbie bike. If you and Scott want to go to Greece, we are on board! I'll plan it- I've always wanted to go! We could go to Italy too! Wow, I'm getting way to excited!

Tayva said...

"Now I am six, as clever as clever!
I think I'll stay six forever and ever . . . " Happy Birthday to Elliet and a big hug to Elliet's Mommy, who was six just yesterday. A Pegasus and a Pink Bike? Heaven! Love, Mommy