Monday, May 23, 2011

Wounded Wing

Well, here is what last week consisted of. Monday night Sadie was playing on the play ground equipment during Luke's soccer game and "fell" (I think she jumped) off the outside of an enclosed slide. She fell backwards and hyper extended her left elbow, causing a little break.
After seeing the doc on Tuesday, he recommended temporary pins be put in so I took her to surgery on Wednesday. This little girl has been a trooper all the way through. She was back to school on Thursday. The only sad part was post surgery- coming out of anesthesia was hard on this little bird and she cried for over a half hour until things finally subsided. Poor thing.
She has to wear her cast for four weeks and then it comes off & the pins removed.
This is our first hospital visit for our kids. Well, besides Jacob and all his procedures, which I must add I was quite content to be in the hospital this week for a broken arm and not for those previous events long ago. Scott was annoyed about it but I just smiled because it was bound to happen sooner or later with our three!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Awww, wee little Sadie Bird! I meant to ask you about this when we talked this morning...the poor dearie. Such a brave girl! Ugh, I know hospital visits are in our future, too.

La La Land said...

So sad. I hoe she gets better soon! (And the words "hyper extend" always make me dry heave).

Yennigirl said...

So sad! The post-op crying part really is the hardest!! Or else the pre-op crying part, or the anxious during-op part or . . .