Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July 2010

We had a great weekend visiting family for the fourth up in Utah. I love going up there because Provo goes all out and the weather is always wonderful. There was a drop in temps for the weekend which actually made for a wonderfully comfortable morning at the parade.
{I just realized that I talk about the weather quite a bit- apparently that really affects the circumstances- I'm a geezer!}
There is never enough time to do all the things we want but we had fun with what we did.
Here are some things we enjoyed:
-Going to Toy Story 3 together
-Up Provo Canyon with cousins to make smores and play in the river (i.e. fall in the river)
-Sushi and a Real Soccer game with Scott (our redeemed anniversary date)
-Beautiful bike rides up the canyon
-going to see the Balloon launch (sans take off due to wind- Bah! Stupid weather!)
-Watching the Pleasant Grove firework show thanks to Cody/Juls secret access spot!
-Getting snow cones with Nana (um, I like snow cones).
-Checking out the festival booths downtown, indulging in cotton candy and mini donuts. Run away if you see that vendor. Boy they are good. The huge dream weavers for sale were not.
-Making 4th dinner with Mom & Scott. I have been experimenting with grilling ribs and my family were the next guinea pigs. It was fun to prepare it all with them. Xo to you!
-Cruising main on 'Parade Eve' in the scouts
-The parade (and getting up at 4:30 am with Marty for a spot- good times)
-The post parade swim/bbq at the Sumsions

Thanks family for taking the time you did to play. More of that in a week!

3 comments:

La La Land said...

Provo IS the best place to celebrate the 4th! I'm bummed that you were only a block away and I didn't see you. You always have a spot on my Mom's lawn, ya know.

Jewels said...

Your pictures are SO great! I loved having you here...see? You always have to come for the fourth!

JENNIE! said...

Shoot, we should have met up! We went to the soccer game and freedom festival etc.... I haven't seen you in forever!