Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Santa Run 2009

Last Saturday was the annual Las Vegas Santa Run and some friends and I decided to try it out this year. The registration fee includes a cheap Santa suit including pants, top, belt, hat and beard. To qualify for the attendance record (apparently many cities do this, trying to have the most attendees) you have to run wearing all five items. Now that's the Christmas spirit!
Naturally I was interested after hearing that.
Who wouldn't want to run around looking ridiculous in a Santa costume with nearly 9,000 other weirdos? Sign me up!
We were all laughing as we put our gear on... some pants and coats were huge, others were small...the beards shed and the belts fell apart...but it was awesome! So much fun. Look at all the people waiting to go...

Here we are in all our splendor before the start. I love these fun ladies...



After looking at this, I think I may actually be more attractive with a beard...

And off we go! Good times and giggles all along the way. Erica ollied over every speed bump, Jess listened to dirty rap and Catherine kept the speedy pace. (See? Check out those hot pants o' mine- nice!)

All the Santa's on our way back to the finish. Almost done!

My awesome photography as I turned around at the finish line, capturing half of the group.

This is DEFINITELY a new tradition we will do every year. We're already talking about wardrobe enhancements. I'm grateful for such silly friends and hope you're all having a fun Christmas season so far. Merry Merry!

2 comments:

La La Land said...

This looks like a blast!

Tarahh77 said...

This looks so so fun! You guys look awesome and look like you had so much fun! So cool.