Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weeks of Late

Time to catch up! I apologize for my inconsistency. We've been getting back into a routine which has been a welcome thing but still takes adjusting.
Here are some random photos I have taken over the past couple of weeks amid homework, piano and swim lessons.
My kids get more and more creative with their hide and seek spots but I think they'll grow out of this one soon.

They also get creative with how they play with the stuffed animals.

And how do you like Luke's language? This is rocket science silence.
(Obviously, it's a good thing school started up again)

We took the kids up to Mt. Charleston for a hike to Mary Jane Falls. It's a pretty steep, intermediate hike and the kids did great!

We have been trying to get to Lake Mead with some friends all summer and the LAST weekend of the summer, we were able to fit it in. It was a beautiful, hot day, perfect for the lake. We had a great time cliff jumping, tubing, etc. This was another pic taken with that Hipstamatic app on my phone. I'm glad it caught those sparkles in the water... "Because fish like shiny things and don't we all".
Lake Mead has such different terrain than Lake Powell, despite how similar it feels. It's really like being on a strange planet, all that barren dark rock with a bleached band above the water. I'm glad this is so close to us.

All the kids (except for one toddler), jumped off various heights from this cliff. I was impressed with their bravery!

With school beginnings comes the athletic practices. We opted to have Luke skip soccer this season. He wants to try so many things. I was going to sign him up for basketball again, too, but he said not to yet, because he still has to try golf, football and hockey. Uhhh... yeahsureokay.
Here is Sadie and Luke farther back in the lane at their Stroke School.
Can I just say I am glad my kids are learning this at a young age? I wish I had. I did swim practices a few years ago and gave it a good effort but was never good at it. I don't find the happy place that some people do while they do millions of laps. You know why else swim is good for kids? It expels a lot of energy. Yes. That's a nice feature.

And this is unimportant, just a random sunset as the evenings cool off again and say goodbye to summer.

Same sunset, but w/ the hip app.
Hope you're all enjoying your September!

No comments: