Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MMMPeaches...

We were in Utah last weekend and picked up a box of some super delicious peaches. What to do with them? Have ye not time to bottle as I? I'll tell yer what!
I still have a few jars of peach jam leftover from last year so I decided to peel & slice all of these, squeeze a lemon in there, add sugar and pour them into ziploc freezer bags for impromptu pie filling. I did this last year and it was goooood. We had a peach pie some random winter evening and it was heaven. So I did that with this box and now I have three bags of filling ready to go in the freezer.
But what did I do with the remaining eight succulent, ripe, juicy peaches? I made this sans the refrig. pie crust (made my own).
Yeah. I ate half of it.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

I will be at your house in one week. Do not be surprised if your bags of frozen peaches go missing...