Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pre-lloween

The week of Halloween was really fun. We had a lot going on so I will start with the first half.
I am all for buying costumes if A) they see one they love and B) if it's worth the price (which it usually is). So Sadie's, I bought. Only for some reason most of the Sleeping Beauty princess dresses were all knee length or overpriced, so I bought the less expens. one and added a fluffy skirt below. Done. Luke and Elliet, however... were harder. Luke wanted to be a Minion from 'Despicable Me' so... yeah. I had to make that one. And Elliet saw a Peacock costume for over $100! in a kids magazine. There is no way I was paying that. So we made that one, too. The talent was happy and that's what is important, no?
The great Mr. Shenkberger lobbied hard to get the trunk or treat back this school year with success. I was so happy! This is a great event and the kids love it. They have a costume parade and go from car to car (parent volunteers), collect candy and end with a huge group Monster Mash dance. I am glad he keeps Halloween fun at school. I have such a dorky grin on my face watching all those kids in costumes dancing to that. Halloween is the BEST.
I decided to go for a monster truck this year using foam cushion for big teeth and had a gaping red mouth complete with a child skeleton. I put a treat in his rotted teeth, too and told all the kids that may happen to them if they get too close. The best part was I found some awful belching mp3 audio files and made a playlist of those so the car would sporaticaly burp. Tell me what kids wouldn't love that?!
We also shared this with our ward trunk or treat night (another great time) and left for UT the next day. More on that next!
(Look at Luke in that bottom pic smiling at me from within the hungry teeth)

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I am SO borrowing that foam cushion teeth get up for my car next year!! Totally brill - Halloween rules.

Jessica said...

Your kids look great! Meg's little boy Noah was a minion too! I'll have to show you the picture.

And your car is awesome! It is totally spooky and so original!

Also, I do love the shield necklace! I don't know where you come up with all your cool ideas. But I'm glad we are family!