Sunday, November 21, 2010

GND

Well Hi! Long time no blog.
Yes, it's like a slippery slope. The more you put it off, the easier it is to lose a desire all together. But I really have been super duper busy. And guess what! I have caught up on back posts, too. And have future dated those so you'll have more to read throughout the week. I know, it's so freaking exciting.
I thought I would start with the GND show because it was hoppin'. We had a great turn out which always brings a tear to my eye. I love being able to showcase cool design/products for people and have it so strongly supported. I really love the girls who do this with me year after year and see the vision. And then to have such cool people who appreciate and support it.
I was so busy during the night that I never got pictures of the evening. I wasn't able to make much this year (big surprise) but did fit in some creative things that were floating in my brain. I had these shield necklaces made so you could have one alone on a chain or with a little 'honorary' ribbon. They are a small 1/2" tall, perfect every-day jewelry. I was really pleased with how they turned out. And they are quite affordable, I might add. Only $30 for the plain or stud-edged style and $35 for a ribboned one. It's the holidays people- if you think this would make a rad gifty for that stylish someone (ahem- even you, perhaps?), there are a few left. Let me know if you're interested. Easy Peasy Christmas Gifty.
The second creative execution I tried was vintage string art. I know, I know. Totally weird. I bought this random 70's kit on Ebay in the summer that started it all. I have more ideas I want to try but only had time to make some geometric designs this time. They are big suckers, though- two feet square. And thanks to my Dad and his wise woodworking ways, we figured out a way I can whip these out without using a hammer. So I got to boogie down (more on that to come) in the garage with an air compressor brad gun. Good times, good times. I really thought this was almost too odd a venture to display, but people actually liked them and I sold a few!
I am looking forward to a little breathing room this week. Where I will eat. A lot.





1 comment:

Jewels said...

I don't know what I love more...the necklaces (I was at LEAST two), the rad string art or the Boney M. album cover on your sidebar.