Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Newport in Oct

We just returned from our seemingly annual October visit to California. It started a couple of years ago taking the kids to Disneyland for all the Halloween hype and we keep coming back. Don't know how much longer we can do this as the kids miss some school days, but we made the most of it.
Wednesday night we left and hurried to our friends house in Corona where the kids stayed and Scott and I left right away to catch The Drums and Surfer Blood in L.A. It was cool to compare this show to the one we saw in NYC in Jan. They sounded better and performed better. I expected the crowd to be going nuts but they didn't. We were tired, though. Most shows start at 8pm and end around 10 or 11- this one began at 10:30 and ended after midnight. Wow- we are old potatoes because we were beat the next day - too old for that kind of crazy night life. But it was worth it for one night. This old surf sound trend is enjoyable and great for people watching.
The rest of the trip was relaxing and fun. There were some uncommon hot days so we enjoyed being outside, going to the beach and the pool and even hitting Disneyland Sat night (another late nighter). Then Monday we woke up to rain! Bah. We went to Dland anyway. I guess it's fair in all our visits that we finally hit a rainy day. It was more like a misty day and it disappeared after lunch time.


I so enjoy our little family. My husband makes me laugh and the kids are great. We had a nice time but it is good to be back in routine again today. October is already on it's way and I still have yet to release my decor everywhere. Whatwhat?!? Time to get going!
And do stay tuned for the famous Rogers Gardens update. Oh yes. I went. And I took many a pics to divulge the spooky fun.
PS- The store fronts in the last collage are some I saw while visiting Laguna in August. Along the same strip mall was an Andrea's Liquor store and a Scott's Donut store. I had to show S and take photos. I think these fit the bill. In another life I would probably be a lush and S would be... soft and sweet. Ha!


No comments: