Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Locals! Hurry!

I was looking for more ideas of things to do with the kids for the summer (i.e. they are driving me to drink) and found this puppet show listed at our local libraries. I don't know.... puppets? Could be good, could be bad... but with a little more research I found the official group website. They are visiting from Northern CA for this week only. It took a little effort to drive downtown yesterday afternoon but it was SO worth it. They put on a marionette puppet show that was wonderful! A combined story of The Three Little Pigs, Tortoise and the Hare and The Ugly Duckling all to beautiful orchestrated music. The kids were entranced for the full 30 or so minutes and then they came out with more puppets and acts and had a Q&A for the kids. They explained how they work, the props, everything. Fascinating. A must see. I highly recommend trying to fit it in this week if you can go. Here is a link to the LVCCD activity page and check out the Fratello Marionettes official site here.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh how I have missed you. 1 month until we see you! yippee