Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Luke's Lesson


A couple of weeks ago I bought the Puss N Boots movie for the kids and they have been watching it a lot. This new mania influenced them to repeatedly ask me about making 'costumes' for their stuffed animal kitties. Note: Luke does not have a kitty, but a lion named Patrick. This was important way back when he wanted to participate in the playing.
I, of course, agreed to do this (this is where my friends say I deserved what's coming) so we went to Michaels and bought the felt and feathers.
I cut out little hats, glued on feathers and made little belts. I also made tiny boots for each kitty (plus lion) and was about to put a gun to my throat (WHY do I agree to this stuff?!), but they were thrilled and it benefits me in the end because hours of playtime ensue.
WELL,...
We come home from church on Sunday and Luke informs me his Lion's belt is stretched out and loose. I told him I would make him another one after I make lunch.
Five minutes later, Luke comes in and says this to me:
"Mom, I think I accidentally made a mistake". In his hands is his Lion thickly waisted with Luke's black, leather church belt cut in half and belted around him. I was so mad! Could he not have waited 10 minutes!? His lion is the best dressed animal in our house with a genuine leather costume around his waist! Stinker. Soon after I left for choir and told some of my friends who just laughed and said that's what I get for making creative costumes for their animals. I guess they are right.
I returned home with a softened heart, had a talk with Luke, doled out his punishment which he accepted, and took photos so I could document this moment and rub it in his face when he has sons of his own. :) I'm a good Mom, huh.

Proud little Patrick. Hmph.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

This is the best story ever.