Monday, October 10, 2011

Ohyeahbigstuff

September has passed by somewhat quietly. But two eventful things have happened around our house that are in need of recording. One: Do you remember me telling you about Elliet getting spacers to prep for braces? She got them about a week into school. The first band colors she chose were purple and black (whah??). She likes them and they make her (and me) look older.


Two: Oh yes. What you see is what you think. I was on a fun little getaway with some girlfriends in Laguna and Scott sends me a text with an image of Luke in the ER. They went to the park and Luke jumped off the equipment, snapping his ulna in two. Hm. Does this sound familiar? A little? Similar to his twin sister about five months ago? Ah twins. Tweeeeeennnzzz!! (insert image here of me shaking my fist)
Poor Luke. The following Monday we took him to the doc who confirmed he'd need surgery because of the dislocation from his elbow. He'd need pins like Sadie. Wednesday comes and we have surgery, only now the doc tells me the pins won't be adequate so he was given a plate to hold the bone in place. Oy. But everything will heal well and now he'll match his Dad - same arm, same bone, same plate (different time {college}, different situation {soccer, not park equip. Ha! That'd be a good story, though...}).

A few days later, we went to get his cast and he said he wanted a gold one. As in gold, like the 'brazen calf' gold. I told him they didn't do that. So then he said he wanted 'Rainbow'.
No.
Then I suggested he choose a pink one and maybe they could put kitties on it.
No, Mom.
He ended up with Red. I'll post of pic of that one soon, before it get's too gnarly and gross. He's already had it autographed.
OTHER THAN THAT, all is well around here. I love October. Halloween is upon us!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hear about Luke from your blog. That is crazy. Wish we could sign the cast. Missing you guys.

Randi Patch said...

I can't believe how much older those braces make her look! All your kids are growing up so fast! Hope look is recovering well! Love you and miss you guys soo much!