Monday, August 22, 2011

Pacific Festival 2011

Well, dear friends, if you are a pal of mine, then you know that I love music. And some of my favorite artists were performing at a Festival this year at Irvine Lake in CA.
Now, I am not too keen on attending festivals in general because I am old and like my comforts. I don't want to camp or stand in the sun for three days and fight crowds of trendy, drunk kids to see my band from far away. But when this presented itself, Scott and I decided to give it a go. There were just too many good artists there + it was smaller + it was one day + it was close.
Were there annoying drunk trendies? Of course. But it was worth it to see:
CUT COPY, Calvin Harris, The Bag Raiders, The Twelves, Classixx, Fred Falke, Toro Y Moi, The Black Lips, !!! and more.... It was great fun. I danced like a leetle gurl!


This is a pic of Calvin Harris laughing at a joke I told him before he, like, hit his turntables since we are close like that*.
*Not really. This is a pic (that is NOT mine) from the event site. Bummer. Would have made a good story, huh.
Same with this one below. Don't you love the rainbow fade they put in the image? Coolish.

This is the stage where the Twelves, Fred Falke and Classixx all played. Great fun was had here, especially when the Twelves played 'Otto's Journey' by Mylo. Oh man! I busted out some freakish moves then!

It was a nice location, small stages and not too far from each other, which I was grateful for.

The food truck village for yummy gourmet eats!

And the best part was ending the show with Cut Copy. They sounded fabulous as always and were so fun. They even pulled out a few songs from Bright Like Neon Love. Wow- so fun! I love, love, love that not only is Scott with me, but he's singing and jumping as much as me! (well, almost- he doesn't look as embarrassing as I do). What an awesome husband is he.

We were up sooooooo late. CC was supposed to start at midnight but they didn't come on until 1:30. Then they played for over an hour and then the fun was over and we had to endure the parking lot traffic for an hour out of there, then drive to our hotel! Ugh. You do the math. It was great fun but I was going to scream if I saw the dawn.
Luckily we made a nice weekend out of it so we slept in late, ate late, went to church late and relaxed all day and didn't have to return until Monday.
A great date weekend w/ my hubs!

1 comment:

Randi Patch said...

That looks like it would have been so fun! I am glad that you and Scott had a good time!