Monday, August 22, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

Well, I am finally posting about our trip nearly a month ago. We had such a wonderful time. I feel like we all relaxed more this year, so I don't have any synchronized swimming vids for you this time (oh, I know you are so sad) but I did take some fun snaps! Here's a briefing of some of our activities:

This year I took my Diana F camera to test it out and get some rad shots like these. I took these with a cool iphone app called 'Hipstamatic'. Guess what? I think they are cooler than my Diana F shots. I'll post those soon so you can agree. Cuz ya will. But that's okay. These are groovy.

Is this place BEAUTIFUL OR WHAT?


This was our beach way up lake in Dungeon Canyon.
We did some horrendous puzzling. Yes. I chose that one. It's a stain glass by Frank Lloyd Wright about saguaros. He put the devil in it, he did. El Diablo!!

Our new little niece accompanied the all-adult trip this year. Boy, she was cute. I miss that little thing!

We got some crafty time in on the top of the boat Sunday and custom stenciled some tea towels. Good times.


As always, explore we must! This was Driftwood Canyon. Nice and narrow back and forth, back and forth. Even a great spot for cliff diving! (which I didn't do because I'm lazy now)



We even found a super wee frog.

The best part of these trips is being with my family. My Dad always gives our family a great Sunday meeting reminding us about respecting our spouses and marriages, honoring our callings and responsibilities in life and shares valuable experiences with us. This wisdom we hear every year is one of the highlights.

Another amazing year with my favorite people ever. Thank you Mom & Dad for hosting us and all you do for this trip and to my fabulous siblings for coming, cooking and dancing :). Loves forever.

1 comment:

Anthony and Krista said...

Oh there you go again with the crafts. I need to visit you again so I can learn new crafts. I hope you are doing well. I miss ya.