Friday, October 2, 2009

Spooky Spooks

October is here and the kids have been antsy to get the decorations up. As much as I love this holiday, and as much as I love to find cool holiday stuff, I realized last year I am hitting my storage capacity limit. Yes. It's so sad for me, too. So, even with my commendable discipline in not purchasing more this year, I still have much to face for the process. I wasn't that motivated last week to attack it but now I'm glad we did it so early. It's done and we can enjoy the month. Scott says it looks like Halloween throws up in our house.
And he's probably right (probably).
I remember as a kid how much I enjoyed this so it's fun to see my kids get into it.

Last night I had a couple of friends over to make a Halloween banner (pictured at the end. I have more pics/instructions in Academe if you are interested). We talked about getting together for something like this for a while, so it was good to begin doing what I keep talking about. I feel lucky to know great friends and especially friends who will do silly stuff like this with me. As we sat there with glitter all over, we kept coming up with more ideas of things to make. Interested in joining our 'Make-Dates'? Let me know-anyone is welcome. We're gonna make some groovy stuff!
Jennie posted about how this month she is going to start a lot of the 'doing' in her ambitions and I need to commit to that myself. So here's to a month of fun and accomplishing. Let's see if I can prove it to myself with results.
In the meantime, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!




4 comments:

Jessica said...

Is that your house!? It looks like a Halloween Store! As it should!

Jewels said...

Ugh...I am SO behind. And you are brilliant. Get over here and help me.

anna said...

i'm in love with banner.

the other day isla asked me if we could put up our halloween. i said, "it's up." sad for her...we have none. i'm too overwhelmed with it to do ANYTHING. so i do nothing and i'm a loser. your house looks awesome!!

Megan said...

very cool. can't wait to see it in person at bc this month.