Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometime in... June

 Scott's brother Todd and his wife Kelsey welcomed the healthy arrival of their new TRIPLET (!!!) girls.
Elliet wanted to help me with our gift for them so she got her first sewing machine lesson. Some mothers get teary when they send their kids to Kindergarten, I had a moment witnessing this. Backwards, I know.
 And now that school is out, all kinds of rambunctious ideas develop. This particular night it was the game "Lava". They've done this before but I thought the route was inventive. It went way back from the playroom, which you had to start from the corner and climb over items before hopping onto your "safe" floor items to avoid the lava floor.
All the way down the hall and up the stairs to the top. Eavesdropping to the sound of planning and strategizing was so fun.  Kids are the best!

And below is a piece of Sea art that Luke brought home from school that I can't wait to hang.
Such great color composition and creativity! I love this stuff. Oh, the big red octopus on the right is supposed to be the Kraken.

No comments: