Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Well, it is happening. I am still getting older. I didn't think I would care about it but as I get closer to 40, it's kind of depressing. But I'm not 40 yet so I partied like a teen.
This past weekend was our Stake Conference. Translation: I could travel. Scott had many things to take care of at home and was going to be practically MIA the entire weekend, so I took the kids out of school on Thursday and Friday and we went to Utah to see my family. It was a quick trip but so nice to be home for a couple of days.
On the night of my Birthday, we went out to Benihana for onion choo-choo trains and then went to Cosmic where Marty graciously set up everything for us to engage in such sophisticating activities like Michael Jackson experience & Just Dance on the BIG SCREEN. Look at all that dancing room! It was awesome!

Another reason to go up this weekend was to join my family in seeing Brian Regan live in SLC. He's hilarious so it was dandy-ho.

The kids had a great time playing with cousins and I loved spending time with everyone. Except Richard who was traveling for work (boohiss). It was a great way to ring in my old age, so thanks to all my awesome family for the great time!
Another fun thing I've been playing with are these. Peek in Academe for more if you're interested.
Happy January!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

So sad I missed the dance party, but how I love spending time with you this weekend! I hope to finish up my other wreath soon and then I will post peechas. Happy Birthday!!

Jenny Slingerland said...

Happy belated Birthday! So glad you partied like a rock star!